Senior Spotlight: Madalyn Groft
Friday, April 03, 2020
- College and major: I plan to attend Dakota State University and major in Mathematics Education.
- Goal job: My goal job is a high school math teacher and volleyball coach. I want to teach advanced math courses online, too.
- I’ll never forget the time… when Dani passed out and hit her head in Boone’s room after giving blood.
- Proudest moment: winning three class B volleyball titles with my amazing teammates
- Most influential staff member and why: Mrs. Halvorson because she helps everyone out and seems to know the solutions to all problems, even if it is not her problem to solve.
- Emoji: 😋
- Snack: popcorn
- Restaurant: Cheesecake Factory
- Possession: my three state championship rings
- Hobby: volleyball and watching Netflix
- Pet peeve: when people leave trash in my vehicle
- What you miss most about not being at school: I miss spending time with my friends, not finishing my senior year like I imagined, and all our last school events getting canceled.
- The first thing you’re going to do when the quarantine is lifted: I am going to eat out with my friends!
- What did you learn during the quarantine: I learned that I thrive on a daily schedule and routine. It took me a while to develop a new quarantine routine because I was in denial. About a week in, I decided that I needed to come up with a schedule to help keep me sane.